Software Engineer Team Lead
We’re on a journey to becoming the leading Microsoft Gold Partner in the UK, courtesy of our intelligent, mission-critical solutions and use of cloud-native technologies.
State-of-the-art .NET and Azure technology lead our solutions. We use container-based cloud native technologies, giving our clients the competitive advantage of speed, innovation, security, and ongoing support.
We use GitHub Enterprise with Azure DevOps pipelines and employ tools to help us focus on performance, security, and accessibility.
Our Software Engineer Team Leads are at the core of what we do. If you have ambitions of being part of a team of experts and getting on a path to progression, then go on and apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close 28th October 2022.
Salary: £50k - 70k
What you’ll do
- Responsible for line management of up to 7 Software Engineers.
- Provide guidance and support, helping to develop individuals in their roles and consider career development.
- Agree quarterly rocks by identifying areas for development.
- Ensure individual objectives are aligned with company or departmental ones where appropriate.
- Feed into company skills and competencies tracking for direct reports.
- Prepare and facilitate fortnightly 121’s, quarterly and annual reviews.
- Manage escalations via relevant channels (i.e. HR for personnel issues, Delivery Manager for resourcing issues).
- Support in the recruitment of new Software Engineers with involvement in interviews & technical test process.
- Onboard new members to the team.
- Ensure your direct reports adhere to all aspects of the information security management system as per ISO27001.
- Work together with the Delivery Manager to plan releases at the outset of sprints, identifying any technical dependencies and release constraints.
- Communicate with the Delivery Team Software Engineers to ensure impacts are identified and the plan is understood.
- Provide guidance to the Delivery Manager throughout the sprint on any changes that may affect the release plan.
- Manage deployments through the pipeline in accordance with the agreed release plan.
- Work with Business Analysts, customers, and the rest of the team to understand requirements and design and implement great solutions to their problems.
- Work with the delivery team to ensure we maintain excellent service to our customers.
- Take ownership of secure, high-quality solutions through to production with modern DevOps solutions.
- Study for relevant Microsoft certifications to support our partnership with Microsoft.
- The role is split with 25% line management & release management and 75% software engineering. You will report to the Head of Engineering.
- Consistently demonstrate our core values - Open & Honest, Do What You Say, Quietly Confident & Team First – ensuring you always lead by example.
- Adhere to all aspects of the information security management system as per ISO27001.
Who you are
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience working with .NET using C#.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Great communication skills and a team-player attitude.
- A willingness to learn and work across a number of different stacks, be it backend, web, or mobile.
- Experience in line management or developing software engineers in their roles.
- Experience working with Azure.
- Experience working with VSTS, Git and CI/CD.
- Experience developing and operating microservice-based architectures.
- Experience with Umbraco or other .NET CMS.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience of building mobile apps using Xamarin or Flutter
A Software Engineer Team Lead's
Life at Talk Think Do
The culture at Talk Think Do begins and ends with support. We care about our employees, our customers, and ensuring that everyone’s needs are met to the highest degree possible.
We also believe that experts are grown. During the hiring process, we’ll touch on your current level of experience and talk about what your progression path within our team will look like. You’ll have the chance to lead the way however you want to grow and become the expert you’re meant to be.
Day 1 and beyond
We like to strike a balance between having you hit the ground running on projects while still easing you into the role. Regular one-to-ones and catch-ups in your first few months of starting will give you the chance to air out your thoughts on how things are going and get you stuck into the fabric of the team.
Whether you’ve been in the technology world for a while or are just starting out, you’ll find that Talk Think Do has a space for everyone.
“One thing that I really valued from starting to work here was that I was not given any pressure or expectation around what I needed to do. But I was given high impact work that would immediately reflect value in Talk Think Do’s clients. I want to do work that’s going to have an impact and help the company at the end of the day.”
25+ days of paid holiday
On top of providing 25 days of paid time off, we also add an extra day for every year of service to a maximum of 30 days, excluding bank holidays!
Our Vitality health insurance plan can be applied to your partner and children, and also comes with perks like a free Apple Watch, Amazon Prime, and discounted gym memberships!
You get your choice of laptop and the freedom to pick between working remotely, in the office or hybrid!
Parking and cycling
We love the location of our office. We'll buy you an annual pass at all the Wimborne car parks to give you one less thing to think about. If cycling is more your thing, we have a cycle to work scheme and secure bike storage.
We know the importance of feeling valued by your employers and see that through with generous contributions to your pension.
We’ll help out in supporting any learning opportunities that come your way, whether they’re training courses, books, conferences, events or certifications.
We’ll get in touch for a chat to get to know you a bit better (and give you the chance to get to know us better too!)
We’ll send some follow-up .NET skills assessments to put your abilities to the test!
You’ll be invited to a face-to-face interview at our Wimborne office.
If all goes well, we’ll get in touch to officially offer you the role, and you’re welcomed to the Talk Think Do team!