Mid-Level Frontend Engineer
Our goal is to become the leading Microsoft Solutions Partner the UK solely focussed on building and running mission-critical solutions using cloud-native technologies.
State-of-the-art front end technology is key to our solutions. We use container-based cloud native technologies, providing competitive advantage through speed of innovation, increased reliability and security.
We have a strong background in mobile apps, for both consumer and business audiences. We are also moving increasingly to static site generators, such as Gatsby, consuming REST and GraphQL microservice APIs.
Our focus on mission-critical systems naturally means that systems are larger and more complex than most apps and often involve real-time websocket comms alongside video and audio streams. Our solutions often have multiple front ends used by consumers or staff, both web applications and native mobile applications. We use modern DevOps pipelines and employ tools to help us focus on performance, security and accessiblity.
Regardless of the customer or user, a consumer-level experience is key and our front end engineers are a vital element of our team and we're looking for engineers who have a real ambition to work as part of an expert team and grow individually.
- Flexible office-based, hybrid or remote working, with a hub in our offices in the centre of Wimborne, Dorset or London.
- The role is offered on a permanent basis.
- Salary £35K - £50K dependent on experience.
- A great benefits package is on offer including pension, Vitality life insurance, flexible working and parking permit.
Salary: £35- £50k
What you’ll do
- Work with product owners, customers and the rest of the team to understand requirements and design and implement great solutions to their problems.
- Work with support teams and site reliability engineers to ensure we maintain an excellent service to our customers.
- Take ownership for secure, high quality solutions through to production with modern DevOps solutions.
- Stay abreast of the latest front end technologies and approaches.
Who you are
You’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years of experience with modern frontend frameworks (Vue and/or React).
- Strong state management practices.
- Experience consuming RESTful/GraphQL API’s.
- Great communication skills and a team-player attitude.
- Experience working with Git and an understanding of CI/CD.
- Demonstrable previous work on customer-facing websites with a focus on UI/UX principles.
Experience working within an agile environment.
- Experience using TypeScript.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience developing and operating microservice-based architectures.
- A good understanding of secure development practices and accessibility.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience working with Azure.
A Frontend Engineer
Life at Talk Think Do
The culture at Talk Think Do begins and ends with support. We care about our employees, our customers, and ensuring that everyone’s needs are met to the highest degree possible.
We also believe that experts are grown. During the hiring process, we’ll touch on your current level of experience and talk about what your progression path within our team will look like. You’ll have the chance to lead the way however you want to grow and become the expert you’re meant to be.
Day 1 and beyond
We like to strike a balance between having you hit the ground running on projects while still easing you into the role. Regular one-to-ones and catch-ups in your first few months of starting will give you the chance to air out your thoughts on how things are going and get you stuck into the fabric of the team.
Whether you’ve been in the technology world for a while or are just starting out, you’ll find that Talk Think Do has a space for everyone.
“One thing that I really valued from starting to work here was that I was not given any pressure or expectation around what I needed to do. But I was given high impact work that would immediately reflect value in Talk Think Do’s clients. I want to do work that’s going to have an impact and help the company at the end of the day.”
25+ days of paid holiday
On top of providing 25 days of paid time off, we also add an extra day for every year of service to a maximum of 30 days, excluding bank holidays!
Our Vitality health insurance plan can be applied to your partner and children, and also comes with perks like a free Apple Watch, Amazon Prime, and discounted gym memberships!
You get a top-end laptop and the freedom to pick between working remotely, in the office or hybrid!
Our London office is 5 minutes walk from Waterloo station. In Wimborne we'll buy you an annual car park pass to give you one less thing to think about. If cycling is more your thing, we have a cycle to work scheme and secure bike storage at both locations.
We know the importance of feeling valued by your employers and see that through with generous contributions to your pension.
We’ll help out in supporting any learning opportunities that come your way, whether they’re training courses, books, conferences, events or certifications.
We’ll get in touch for a chat to get to know you a bit better (and give you the chance to get to know us better too!)
We’ll send some follow-up .NET skills assessments to put your abilities to the test!
You’ll be invited to a face-to-face interview at our London or Wimborne office.
If all goes well, we’ll get in touch to officially offer you the role, and you’re welcomed to the Talk Think Do team!