Quality Assurance Lead
We’re on a journey to becoming the leading Microsoft Solutions Partner in the UK, courtesy of our intelligent, mission-critical solutions and use of cloud-native technologies.
State-of-the-art .NET and Azure technology lead our solutions. We use container-based cloud native technologies, giving our clients the competitive advantage of speed, innovation, security, and ongoing support.
Test Management using Azure DevOps Test Plans.
CI/CD using Azure DevOps pipelines and GitHub actions.
Comprehensive monitoring, APM and alerting using Azure Monitor, Application Insights and DataDog.
- Flexible office-based, hybrid or remote working, with a hub in our offices in the centre of Wimborne.
- The role is offered on a permanent basis.
- Salary £40K - £60K dependent on experience.
- A great benefits package is on offer including pension, Vitality life insurance, flexible working and parking permit.
Salary: £40k - 60k
What you’ll do
- Oversee the entire QA process from strategy through to tactical decisions and execution.
- Line management of QA Engineers responsible for setting objectives, managing performance, recruitment and onboarding of new QA Engineers.
- Accountable for QA process and QA delivery of in-flight projects across all Delivery teams, actively providing leadership and delegating to QA Engineers as and when appropriate.
- Present and discuss QA approach for client projects to project stakeholders both internal and external.
- Actively champion modern DevOps approaches including automated smoke tests and integration tests, and the work required to improve this practice.
- Propose and agree test strategies, for systems that include user interface elements or are purely API based.
- Create and maintain test strategies and plans, aligned to overarching project/programme plans, considering both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Test execution, investigating defects and logging relevant information required to aid developer root cause analysis and resolution.
- Contribute to automated benchmark testing to ensure functionality remains performant and does not slow down over time.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of core systems and processes, and how those systems and processes interact (end-to-end testing).
- Ensure that testing is compliant with test and business standards.
- Work with QA Engineers to resolve risks when issues are escalated by them.
- Produce Quality reports for both internal and external consumption.
Who you are
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive background in testing covering a broad range of applications.
- At least 2 years line management experience.
- Experience of modern agile software development practices and software test lifecycle.
- Experience in developing and executing tests (manual and automated).
- Experience in testing web-based applications.
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies and testing techniques including testing tools.
- Knowledge and experience of using Test Management software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, prioritising multiple streams of activity and delegating where appropriate.
- Ability to take pragmatic approach to the role whilst still maintaining highest standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Azure DevOps
- Knowledge and experience of GitHub and Git Source Control
- Knowledge and experience of Cypress
Life at Talk Think Do
Employer of the Year 2023
We were delighted to win the Employer of the Year Award at the UK Dev Awards 2023 in recognition of the positive culture and environment we have built for employees.
The culture at Talk Think Do begins and ends with support. We care about our employees, our customers, and ensuring that everyone’s needs are met to the highest degree possible.
We also believe that experts are grown. During the hiring process, we’ll touch on your current level of experience and talk about what your progression path within our team will look like. You’ll have the chance to lead the way however you want to grow and become the expert you’re meant to be.
Day 1 and beyond
We like to strike a balance between having you hit the ground running on projects while still easing you into the role. Regular one-to-ones and catch-ups in your first few months of starting will give you the chance to air out your thoughts on how things are going and get you stuck into the fabric of the team.
Whether you’ve been in the technology world for a while or are just starting out, you’ll find that Talk Think Do has a space for everyone.
“One thing that I really valued from starting to work here was that I was not given any pressure or expectation around what I needed to do. But I was given high impact work that would immediately reflect value in Talk Think Do’s clients. I want to do work that’s going to have an impact and help the company at the end of the day.”
25+ days of paid holiday
On top of providing 25 days of paid time off, we also add an extra day for every year of service to a maximum of 30 days, excluding bank holidays!
Our Vitality health insurance plan can be applied to your partner and children, and also comes with perks like a free Apple Watch, Amazon Prime, and discounted gym memberships!
You get a top-end laptop and the freedom to pick between working remotely, or hybrid out of the London or Wimborne office!
Our London office is 5 minutes walk from Waterloo station. In Wimborne we'll buy you an annual car park pass to give you one less thing to think about. If cycling is more your thing, we have a cycle to work scheme and secure bike storage at both locations.
We know the importance of feeling valued by your employers and see that through with generous contributions to your pension.
We’ll help out in supporting any learning opportunities that come your way, whether they’re training courses, books, conferences, events or certifications.
We’ll get in touch for a chat to get to know you a bit better (and give you the chance to get to know us better too!)
We may send some follow-up skill assessments to put your abilities to the test!
You’ll be invited to a face-to-face interview at our London or Wimborne office.
If all goes well, we’ll get in touch to officially offer you the role, and you’re welcomed to the Talk Think Do team!