Junior .NET Engineer
We’re on a journey to becoming the leading Microsoft Gold Partner in the UK, courtesy of our intelligent, mission-critical solutions and use of cloud-native technologies.
State-of-the-art .NET and Azure technology lead our solutions. We use container-based cloud native technologies, giving our clients the competitive advantage of speed, innovation, security, and ongoing support.
We use GitHub Enterprise with Azure DevOps pipelines and employ tools to help us focus on performance, security, and accessibility.
Our Junior .NET engineers are at the core of what we do. If you have ambitions of being part of a team of experts and getting on a path to progression, then go on and apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
Salary: £35k - 45k
What you’ll do
- Work with business analysts, customers, and the rest of your team to meet requirements and problems with expertly designed and implemented solutions.
- Work with support teams to ensure we maintain excellent service to our customers.
- Lead secure, high quality solutions through to production with modern DevOps approaches.
- Study for relevant Microsoft certifications to better your understanding and help support our Microsoft Gold partnership.
Who you are
You’ll need to have:
- At least 1 year of experience working with .NET using C#.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Great communication skills and a team-player attitude.
- A willingness to learn and work across a number of different stacks, be it backend, web, or mobile.
- Experience working with Azure.
- Experience working with VSTS, Git and CI/CD.
- Experience developing and operating microservice-based architectures.
- Experience with Umbraco or other .NET CMS.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience of building mobile apps using Xamarin or Flutter
A Junior .NET Engineer's
Life at Talk Think Do
Employer of the Year 2023
We were delighted to win the Employer of the Year Award at the UK Dev Awards 2023 in recognition of the positive culture and environment we have built for employees.
The culture at Talk Think Do begins and ends with support. We care about our employees, our customers, and ensuring that everyone’s needs are met to the highest degree possible.
We also believe that experts are grown. During the hiring process, we’ll touch on your current level of experience and talk about what your progression path within our team will look like. You’ll have the chance to lead the way however you want to grow and become the expert you’re meant to be.
Day 1 and beyond
We like to strike a balance between having you hit the ground running on projects while still easing you into the role. Regular one-to-ones and catch-ups in your first few months of starting will give you the chance to air out your thoughts on how things are going and get you stuck into the fabric of the team.
Whether you’ve been in the technology world for a while or are just starting out, you’ll find that Talk Think Do has a space for everyone.
“One thing that I really valued from starting to work here was that I was not given any pressure or expectation around what I needed to do. But I was given high impact work that would immediately reflect value in Talk Think Do’s clients. I want to do work that’s going to have an impact and help the company at the end of the day.”
25+ days of paid holiday
On top of providing 25 days of paid time off, we also add an extra day for every year of service to a maximum of 30 days, excluding bank holidays!
Our Vitality health insurance plan can be applied to your partner and children, and also comes with perks like a free Apple Watch, Amazon Prime, and discounted gym memberships!
You get your choice of laptop and the freedom to pick between working remotely, in the office or hybrid!
Parking and cycling
We love the location of our office. We'll buy you an annual pass at all the Wimborne car parks to give you one less thing to think about. If cycling is more your thing, we have a cycle to work scheme and secure bike storage.
We know the importance of feeling valued by your employers and see that through with generous contributions to your pension.
We’ll help out in supporting any learning opportunities that come your way, whether they’re training courses, books, conferences, events or certifications.
We’ll get in touch for a chat to get to know you a bit better (and give you the chance to get to know us better too!)
We’ll send some follow-up .NET skills assessments to put your abilities to the test!
You’ll be invited to a face-to-face interview at our Wimborne office.
If all goes well, we’ll get in touch to officially offer you the role, and you’re welcomed to the Talk Think Do team!