We’re a Microsoft Partner that pride ourselves on having both a strong technical background around cutting-edge technology, as well as a deep understanding of user needs. These qualities have helped us in solving a range of complex problems for our clients and develop growth-enabling projects to take them forward.
As a Delivery Manager you will be responsible for planning and overseeing our projects, on top of leading delivery of existing clients and new business prospects. This will include new, in-flight projects and those that form larger programmes of work.
You will also be working closely with new clients to understand change requirements, enabling you to scope future projects and inform the output of discovery phases.
So if you want to take the lead on complex deliveries with trusted clients and get to work with a collaborative team, go on and apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
Salary: £45k - 60k
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of the full project life cycle.
- Determine and define project scopes and objectives.
- Develop and deliver roadmaps and plans at appropriate levels.
- Review resource requirements to actively manage and ensure optimal capacity.
- Assist with backlog creation and prioritisation.
- Track project costs against budget.
- Regularly report on project progression, including scope, budgets, and timescales.
- Plan and oversee implementation activities.
- Matrix manage a delivery team, covering both project deliveries and ongoing client support.
- Actively manage and mitigate risks, whilst recognising and keeping an open mind to opportunities.
- Proactively solve problems, removing blockers and escalating where appropriete.
- Manage stakeholders on an internal and external level.
- Contribute to proposal and discovery outputs for new clients.
Who you are
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in project management — preferably in SDLC methodologies such as Agile and SCRUM.
- Proven experience of balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguous tasks.
- A resilient and pragmatic approach towards technology teams and clients.
- The ability to communicate with technical as well as non-technical team members and stakeholders.
- The ability to build strong, trusting client relationships and see through both solving their challenges and achieving their goals.
- The ability to navigate complex product delivery challenges.
- An understanding of how to control scope creep and manage cost creep.
- A positive attitude, with constant drive to deliver the best experience possible for both internal and external customers.
- Experience working within digital agencies or software suppliers.
- A good commercial mindset and understanding of business development.
A Delivery Manager's
Life at Talk Think Do
Employer of the Year 2023
We were delighted to win the Employer of the Year Award at the UK Dev Awards 2023 in recognition of the positive culture and environment we have built for employees.
The culture at Talk Think Do begins and ends with support. We care about our employees, our customers, and ensuring that everyone’s needs are met to the highest degree possible.
We also believe that experts are grown. During the hiring process, we’ll touch on your current level of experience and talk about what your progression path within our team will look like. You’ll have the chance to lead the way however you want to grow and become the expert you’re meant to be.
Day 1 and beyond
We like to strike a balance between having you hit the ground running on projects while still easing you into the role. Regular one-to-ones and catch-ups in your first few months of starting will give you the chance to air out your thoughts on how things are going and get you stuck into the fabric of the team.
Whether you’ve been in the technology world for a while or are just starting out, you’ll find that Talk Think Do has a space for everyone.
Everybody feels like they're a really valued member of the team and that when they give feedback, everybody's listening to it and looking at how that feedback can be included in our future processes and practices.
You get a top-end laptop and the freedom to pick between working remotely, or hybrid out of the London or Wimborne office!
Parking and cycling
Our London office is 5 minutes walk from Waterloo station. In Wimborne we'll buy you an annual car park pass to give you one less thing to think about. If cycling is more your thing, we have a cycle to work scheme and secure bike storage at both locations.
We know the importance of feeling valued by your employers and see that through with generous contributions to your pension.
We’ll help out in supporting any learning opportunities that come your way, whether they’re training courses, books, conferences, events or certifications.
We’ll get in touch for a chat to get to know you a bit better (and give you the chance to get to know us better too!)
You’ll be invited to a face-to-face interview at our Wimborne or London office.
If all goes well, we’ll get in touch to officially offer you the role, and you’re welcomed to the Talk Think Do team!